Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Soon to Come- Zucchini Recipes

Between vacation, the start of school, and a pesky bicep tendon that keeps popping out of place, there hasn't been much activity here for a bit, that will change soon, hopefully.  Our zucchini plants went bananas while we were gone, and we came home to this once it was all harvested.




The biggest one is 2 feet long!!  I gave two big ones away and two "little" ones away.  (These would be large by grocery store standards.)  That left me with 3 large zucchini and one medium one from our CSA.  The big ones were too large to be tasty grilled or stir fried, so I started shredding. I made egg free zucchini "quiche", wheat germ zucchini bread, chocolate chip zucchini bread, and chocolate zucchini bread. I shredded the rest (I ended up with 35 cups of shredded zucchini.) and froze it for future use.  I plan to share these recipes in the coming weeks as I recover from shoulder surgery, to fix that aforementioned bicep tendon. 

I may even have some green tomato recipes as there seem to be a plethora of those on our vines and no hope for them to ripen.

No comments:

Post a Comment